When we talk about home automation, we soon think of aspects to make a home smarter; remote control of locks, autonomous cleaning and activation of appliances at a distance.
However, companies are also part of this revolution, which is here to stay. After all, it is an excellent opportunity to launch new products in the market and expand the business.
A great example of this is the high investments that large corporations, such as Google, have made in the industry. As a part, the chances of other organizations following suit are great.
Want to learn more about it? See how Anatel Certification works and follow the following content!
What is home automation?
We call home automation the set of technologies capable of automating numerous processes of a home, remotely controlling the operation of various equipment.
This is done through integrated systems connected to the Internet. One of the fundamental solutions for this process is the IoT (Internet of Things),which already impacts different market segments.
This automation aims to facilitate people's daily lives, providing more practicality in various tasks. Thus, you can control numerous devices through a single device, such as smartphones or tablets.
With this, the population can automate their residence according to their needs, lifestyle and habits.
Types of home automation
As we said initially, home automation is already part of the popular daily life, in several aspects. However, this technology is not yet widely disseminated and, therefore, not everyone knows its main solutions. They are:
- automated lighting: you can program a system to turn the lights on and off at a certain time automatically, reducing the habit of forgetting lights on in the rooms;
- access control: one can control the flow of people and enter and leave the residence, through the recognition of biometrics;
- Systems integration: one can integrate all the systems of the house in order to increase practicality and comfort, such as lamps, air conditioners and curtains. These items can be controlled with a single device;
- Sustainable window: it is a smart window that optimizes the air exchange of the environment. Sensors identify when there is too much moisture in a room or little oxygenation;
- Automatic shading: related to the smart window, it presents a protection to the sun's rays. A touch-sensitive system adjusts the room's luminosity control with simple hand movement.
- Security system: remotely controlled alarm systems in order to prevent the action of attackers and burglars. When doors and windows are forced, the shutters are closed and an alarm is triggered automatically.
Equipment for home automation
For automation to be done efficiently, it is important to evaluate the structure of the house, its internal and external areas. Only then will it be possible to obtain a satisfactory result. However, there are some solutions that work generally. See below.
The options of intelligent equipment for the control of domestic activities are numerous. The most common are those that control lighting, room temperature and locks. For this, it is necessary to have:
- fixed panel;
- remote control;
- mobile devices (smartphones/tablets).
Some technologies that integrate electronic equipment make it easy to control tasks remotely. These systems allow you to activate music, for example, control lighting and check who arrived at the door of the house. They are:
- Smart Home Automation Hub;
- Lutron Clear Connect;
The main equipment and technologies that enable access control, and increased security around the house are:
- remote access blocking;
- internal and external monitoring;
- fire and invasion sensors;
- pool alerts;
- monitoring of rooms (babysitting).
In addition to the functions of safety and optimization of tasks, home automation also serves to improve leisure and entertainment in the rooms of the house. The main technologies that allow this are:
- remote temperature control for each environment;
- remote ambient light control for each room;
- sound of the residential environment;
- automated video and sound system;
- smart appliances;
- remote cleaning system (smart vacuum cleaners);
- Smart devices( smartbands);
- external appliances (pool cleaner, lawn mower, spraypers, etc.).
What does it take to open a home automation business?
As you can see, automation has become a reality for many Brazilians. Consequently, this generates great business and growth opportunities for several companies.
However, to open a development in the home automation sector, it is necessary to complete some steps. First, you must define the location, personnel, raw material, equipment and your legal requirements.
After defining what you want to offer to the public, seek to regularize the products as soon as possible, with the anatel (National Telecommunications Agency) approval.
This certification is mandatory for all communication devices, as well as the peripherals essential for its operation.
This standard aims to ensure that the devices are within the quality standards required by the agency.
How to invest in the home automation market?
Initially, we mention that the automation market has been growing exponentially. Investment by large companies such as Google only supports this premise.
But how to make the necessary investments to open a business in the sector? If you have no experience with entrepreneurship, a great alternative is to bet on professional home automation franchises.
This business model involves less risk, bureaucracy and knowledge. That's because the company already exists and has a defined tag. In addition, franchises have gone through the entire strategic planning process.
All you need to do is enter the capital, which will be converted into marketing action to attract new consumers to the newly opened franchise.
Who can work with home automation?
In general, professionals trained in Control and Automation Engineering are the most qualified to work in the area.
This is because, during his training, he learns to design machines, develop technologies and manage their operation.
In practice, he is a professional qualified in mechanics, computing, development of electrical systems and electronics.
Have you seen how the home automation industry offers numerous opportunities for those who want to invest in the industry? With the democratization of the technologies responsible for this solution, it will become even easier to develop a company in the segment.
However, it is important to remember the Anatel homologation, before opening and marketing products for automation.
Did you like this article? So find out how Master Certifications can help you issue your Anatel Certification!