The National Telecommunications Agency – ANATEL published on March 11, 2021, Act No. 1630, which updates the Test Procedures for the Evaluation of the Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) of Telecommunications Products.
This normative act clarifies:
1. Revoke Act No. 955, of February 8, 2018;
2. Approve the updating of the Test Procedures for the Evaluation of the Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) of Telecommunications Products;
3. Alignment of the Act’s test procedures with the IEC / IEEE 62209-1528 standard, for the purpose of certification and homologation of portable terminal stations, in the radio frequency range from 4 MHz to 6 GHz;
4. Inclusion of procedures for the evaluation of average SAR by average time interval (Time-Averaging SAR – TAS);
5. Approve the considerations in the evaluation of products with proximity sensors, as provided in item 7.7 of the IEC / IEEE 62209-1528 standard, after 180 (one hundred and eighty) days after the publication of the Act;
6. Determine test procedures for Dynamic Power Control and Exposure Time-Averaging (DPC-ETA) in the verification of the TAS protocol, on a provisional basis, until the final version of the technical standard of working group JGW-13, of the Technical Committee, is published 106 of the International Electrotechnical Commission (International Electrotechnical Commission – IEC).
Access the full document: ACT No. 1630, March 11, 2021