Public Consultation No. 21 of 2021 was published by the National Telecommunications Agency – ANATEL on May 21, 2021, which deals with the proposal to update Annex I of Act No. 14.448, of December 4, 2017, to include the requirements technicians to assess the technical conformity of Restricted Radiation Radiocommunication Equipment applied to the following specific conditions of use:
- Access point transceiver, inside land transport vehicles, operating in the 5.150-5.350 MHz band;
- New applications in the ultra wide radiofrequency (UWB) bands;
- Point-multipoint transceiver of the multigigabit system operating in the 57-66 GHz band;
- Body scan transmitter-sensor for security application operating in the range 76-81 GHz; and Interactive motion sensor operating in the 57-64 GHz range.
The proposal also has the purpose of:
- Change the units of the limits of item 11 to make them adherent to the standard adopted for the other bands that deal with the Wireless Broadband Access System for Local Area Networks in the bands 5.150-5.250 MHz and 5.250-5.350 MHz;
- Correct the gain value of the LPR antenna for angles greater than 60 degrees, in item 126.96.36.199, changing from -16 dBi to -38 dB;
- Change the wording of item 17.1.2, referring to Systems Operating in the 57-64 GHz band, to exclude the application of its requirements to multigigabit systems; and
- Reallocate the sub-item that deals with the definition of the term indoor environment so that it is part of the item in the annex to the Act that deals with “Definitions”, going from 188.8.131.52 to 3.1.1.
The CP starts today (05/21), at 2:00 pm, with a deadline for receiving contributions until 07/20/2021 (60 days).
Access the public consultation and make your contributions: PUBLIC CONSULTATION N ° 21